Agris Mundus: A top level master training in agricultural development and management of natural resources
- A two-years programme of 120 ECTS (European Credits Transfer System)
- Oriented towards the tropics and developing countries
- One year in one European University, the second year in another (Course framework)
- Double degree at the end
- Selected by the Erasmus mundus programme of the European commission, as one of the 150 top master trainings in Europe! ()
- European scholarships available (Agris mundus scholarships)
The Agris Mundus MSc is a product of AGRINATURA
, the European Alliance on Agricultural Knowledge for Development. The whole course is coordinated by Montpellier SupAgro
Agris mundus is also linked to a European PhD course, offered by the same consortium of universities: AgTraIn
General training objective : to train students to cope with the current global/international concerns in agriculture and rural development to:
- identify and critically analyse key factors shaping the development of crops, forests and animal production, the management of research and rural development projects and finally, the sustainable use of natural resources and the environment;
- formulate and provide effective and appropriate responses to complex agriculture and natural resources related issues.
Combine technical and institutional capacities!
Whatever training track they chose, all graduates combine:
- technical capacities in at least one domain of agriculture, animal breeding, or rural environment and the management of natural resources;
- with capacities to assess, prepare, support or evaluate the social, economic and institutional conditions that can allow innovation, change and development of the rural areas in the developing countries.
According to the training track they chose, graduates can deal with:
- evaluation of technologies in agriculture, animal breeding, and management of natural resources and their impact on nature, production, social balances, economy;
- organisation of the marketing chains of agricultural commodities;
- assessment of agricultural and rural development projects;
- preparation and evaluation of policies for rural development: land, water, forest, agricultural supplies, rural credit, marketing of commodities, organisation of post harvest chains, governance, etc.
2. Profiles of the graduates and jobs
Agris Mundus has reviewed in 2010 the jobs of the graduates of the two first Agris Mundus cohorts graduated in 2008 and 2009. These results showed that:
- more than 80% of graduates found a job in less than 5 months, and 45% in less than 2 months;
- 62 % of the graduates who were professionals before coming to the course continued with their former employer, while 38% changed.
Graduates’ current occupation at the time of the survey (i.e. 18 and 6 months after graduation) :
Undertaking PhD studies
Currently seeking for a job
3. Erasmus mundus programme
The Agris Mundus Master of Science is one of the Erasmus Mundus Master Courses selected by the European Commission to offer the highest level of training in Europe to third countries nationals.
In the field of education, the Erasmus Mundus programme promotes the European Union as a centre of excellence in learning around the world.
- It supports European top-quality Masters and PhD Courses,
- It enhances the visibility and attractiveness of European higher education in third countries,
- It provides EU-funded scholarships for third country and EU nationals participating in these Masters and PhD Courses.
The Erasmus Mundus programme is open to:
1. the 28 Member States of the EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
2. the countries of the European Economic Area / European Free Trade Association (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
3. the third countries (all the other countries of the world)
Read more on the Erasmus Mundus programme: http://ec.europa.eu/education/programmes/mundus/index_en.html